Monday, July 4, 2016

Google AdSense Account Canceled

I received the following email message from Google today:


Google AdSense is a free service that allows you to earn money by placing ads on your website. I must have signed up for AdSense a long time ago just to play with it. I do not clearly recall registering, nor have I ever earned any money through AdSense. In any case, I was intrigued when apparently Google cancelled my AdSense account without any warning.

Since I do not have my own web site, I believe that I must have linked my AdSense account to either Blogger or YouTube. In reviewing the AdSense program policies, I appear to be in compliance with all requirements. I suspect that my AdSense cancellation could have something to do with my recent installation of Adguard which presumably would interfere with Google's ability to serve up ads on my browsers. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Original publication on 7/4/2016, update on 7/5/2016: Today I received the following email from Google about my AdSense account cancellation:


So mystery solved, and the Adguard theory has been officially thrown out the window. It would have been nice if Google provided an explanation upon cancellation yesterday rather than keeping me guessing as to why they cancelled the account, but better late than never I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment