Saturday, November 4, 2017

United Airlines - Can We Game the System?

Remember when David Dao was forcibly removed from his United Airlines flight back in April 2017? Well, today I was checking in for my flight, and during the online checkin process, I was prompted with the following question that I had not previously seen:



Upon doing some research, I came across this article which says that United is now letting passengers bid on prices to give up their seats on overbooked flights, and it has "increased the maximum incentive payment offered passengers to voluntarily give up a seat on an overbooked flight to $10,000."

What if everyone clicked "Enter other amount in USD" and entered $10,000? Come on, America--we can unite (pun intended) on this issue! We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment