Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Answer is 10.5

In recent days (maybe weeks?) I've noticed that my macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 calculator widget in the Notification Center has been defaulting to a value of 10.5:


If I clear the value, it will display 0. If I perform a calculation, it will correctly display the result. However, once I close and re-open the Notification Center, the calculator widget will display a value of 10.5.

Do you think my iMac is trying to tell me something? Will Los Angeles County sales tax increase to 10.5%? Should I use the numbers 10 and 5 next time I play the lottery? Will the world end on October 5?

1 comment:

  1. I just found the solution here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-reset-the-notification-center-calculator.2063074/. Short answer: Go to folder "~/Library/Containers/com.apple.ncplugin.calculator/Data/Library/Preferences" and remove the file "com.apple.ncplugin.calculator.plist"

    ReplyDelete