Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Track Your Mail-in Ballot

For the upcoming midterm elections, I voted by mail. In the state of California, a ballot is mailed to every registered voter a few weeks before the election. While there is an option to vote in person, I prefer to avoid lines and send my ballot via US mail. Because I had previously registered at BallotTrax, I received two email notifications the day after I mailed my ballot. Here’s the first one:

November 8, 2022, General Election: Ballot Collected by USPS

This is a message from the California Secretary of State on behalf of Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters. The US Postal Service has collected your ballot for the upcoming November 8, 2022, General Election and will deliver it to us soon.

Here’s the second one:

November 8, 2022, General Election: Ballot Counted

This is a message from the California Secretary of State on behalf of Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters. Your ballot for the November 8, 2022, General Election was received and counted. Thank you for voting!

To see if your state or county uses BallotTrax, visit https://wheresmyballot.com. It features an interactive map that color codes states using BallotTrax, states with BallotTrax counties, and states where BallotTrax is not supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment