Friday, August 1, 2014

Lee Family Year In Review Newsletters

Some of you may have seen the current or prior editions of our Lee Family Year In Review Newsletters. I used to host them on a website which came as part of my Earthlink DSL account. Recently I switched internet service providers to Time Warner Cable, and while my connection speed is now 5x faster for about the same price (or less, if you count the fact that we were able to cancel our home phone service after ditching DSL), I no longer have a web hosting option. I felt that it was a rather minor tradeoff because even though I can no longer present the newsletters in a web page with cutesy family photos, tessellating backgrounds, and cheesy MIDI music, I can at least share the PDF files of the newsletters on Dropbox. Here's a link to all of our Lee Family Year In Review Newsletters, dating back to our inaugural edition in 2005 when Karen and I got married. As far as I recall, I've used Apple Pages to create every newsletter and have been fairly satisfied with it. Does anyone have recommendations for web hosting solutions? Are there any free ones out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment