Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Corrupt or Incompatible iPod Backups

I am the proud owner of a 1st generation 8GB iPod Touch, Model MA623LL, iOS 3.1.3 (7E18). For the past couple years, I have been receiving the following error message when trying to back up its contents through iTunes:


The Apple Support web site for this particular issue simply says to Contact Apple Support. Upon searching help forums, most experts recommend deleting the existing backups (either through iTunes or directly via the operating system's directories) and then doing a clean backup which is exactly the same recommendation as stated in the error message. I have done that, but I still get the error message.

I don't have anything important on this old iPod. Few modern apps work on it anymore, so I use it only to play music, and I have backup copies of my music elsewhere. Therefore, it is not worth it for me to pursue assistance from Apple Support. That being said, I wonder if I am getting the error message because the iPod is so old that it is no longer supported by the backup methods in more recent versions of iTunes.

Just curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment