Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Outlook Message Display Strangeness

I previously wrote about a strange time zone issue that has plagued Outlook for some time.

In this post, I wanted to share another Outlook issue, and this one is related to displaying certain email messages. I am using Outlook for Office 365, Version 1701 (Build 7766.2060), running on Windows 10. Here's what I see when opening a certain message in Outlook:


As you can see, the right side of the message body is truncated. Here is the same message when viewed through Outlook Web access on a Safari or Firefox browser:


As you can see, everything looks normal. The message also displays correctly on Outlook for iOS (not pictured), so the issue seems to be isolated to Outlook for Office 365 on Windows from what I can tell. The problem may have something to do with the way the email is encoded, since it only happens with messages that I receive from the HIMSS Learning Center.

Anyone else having this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment