Monday, January 21, 2019

Delayed Voice Messages


It happened again today. I received a notification that I had received a voice message on my iPhone 6 Plus running on the Verizon Wireless network. Strange, I thought, since I was using the phone at the time, and it did not ring, nor was it silenced. Looking at my voice messages, there were 3 new messages. One message was recorded right at that time, but the other 2 had been recorded in the past, one as early as January 4, 2019 (17 days ago).

Something similar also happened to me in December 2018 after an airplane flight from Los Angeles to Indianapolis. I thought at the time that maybe switching time zones and synchronizing with another Verizon tower might have triggered the display of several voice messages, some of which were recorded weeks prior.

This forum appears to address an issue that sounds similar to mine. The user's issue was resolved by resetting the network settings. I reset the network settings on my phone, and after a short pause, it force-restarted the phone. FYI that it had also erased my WiFi networks and passwords, so don't do this unless you have to. Fingers crossed that I'll be receiving my voice messages in a timely manner. If I haven't responded to one of your voice messages, please text me or call me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment