Tuesday, December 26, 2023

On the Recovery of a Phone

My daughter recently lost her phone at Six Flags Magic Mountain. We submitted a Lost and Found Report, and we were informed the next day that the phone had been found. We were given the option to have the phone shipped to us via FedEx for about $33 or to have it held for pickup within the next 30 days. We went to Magic Mountain again today and retrieved the phone from Guest Relations. To no surprise, the screen was cracked.


We had estimated that the phone was lost at around 4:15 PM, and according to the FindMy app, its last broadcasted location was 4:36 PM that same day. Therefore, I was hopeful that the phone would still be in working order and that we could simply replace the screen. However, after connecting a charging cable to the phone and attempting to power it on, it only provided a faint diffuse white glow instead of the familiar Apple logo, and it would not boot. Furthermore, after a couple more minutes of charging, the phone became hot, so we figured the phone was likely beyond recovery if not dangerous to operate.

As a side note, my daughter had stuffed a couple of miscellaneous items into her phone case, as well as a $20 bill. Everything remained in the phone case, minus the $20 bill. I reported the loss of the money to a manager at Guest Relations. I suggested some possible ways to increase accountability and reduce the likelihood of theft, and she kindly listened to my suggestions.

I guess my daughter will receive another Christmas present this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment