Monday, March 11, 2024

Flight Delay Notifications

It seems that most airline passengers nowadays are receiving electronic flight notifications via email and/or text messages. Today I was waiting at LAX for an American Airlines flight to Orlando and received a series of flight delay notifications via email (example above) text messages:

As I sat for an extra 2 hours at the gate waiting to board the plane, each time I received a flight delay notification via text message, I could hear a collective groan from the other passengers who had received notifications at the same time. The groans grew louder with each successive delay. Fortunately I eventually made it to my destination, but I thought it was funny that we were all sharing the bad news in synchrony. As the saying goes, misery loves company.

No comments:

Post a Comment