Monday, March 11, 2024

YouTube Copyrighted Content

I have a YouTube channel that I use to share my home movies. I do not monetize the channel and therefore am permitted to use certain copyrighted songs in my soundtracks, as long as the owners of those songs allow them to be used in that manner. Some song owners, however, do not allow their songs to be used at all, even if the channel does not monetize its content.

Recently I received a notification from YouTube that a video on my channel which I posted 9 years ago has now been blocked in 4 territories:

Upon viewing details in YouTube Studio, the song is “All Around The World (La La La)” by A Touch of Class (or “ATC”) and has been blocked in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden. It does not provide any additional information beyond what is pictured below.

My guess is that it somehow boils down to money, but I am unable to speculate about the laws or policies that led to this music being blocked in those countries. On the bright side, the video is still available in the United States where my main audience resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment