Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Is It Poop?

While in Hawaii (Oahu) a few weeks ago, we swam in the pool at the Moana Surfrider hotel. My daughter said she saw poop in the pool, and she got a good look at it because she was wearing goggles. I did not have goggles and could not see as clearly, but I did see several pieces of solid matter in the shallow end of the pool that resembled poop. I told the pool attendant, and he gave me goggles and asked me to verify. I reiterated that I think it's poop, I reiterated that my daughter thinks that it's poop, and I said I was not interested in going back in the pool. This was apparently insufficient to cause any concern on the part of the hotel staff. They did not evacuate the pool or even make any kind of announcement. Quite disappointed, we left the pool and didn't swim there for another couple days, in hopes that the existing chlorine would eventually disinfect the pool.

An astute reader might ask, "What does this story have to do with the 'Digital Daddy' theme of the blog?" There is nothing about technology, electronics, computers, photography, etc. Oh, but I beg to differ. Before I vacated the pool, I recorded a video with my GoPro HERO3+ of the alleged poop. Gotta love technology! Here are some screenshots from the video.







What do you think—is it poop?

1 comment:

  1. My review in TripAdvisor, along with the hotel's response: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60982-d87102-r518588034-Moana_Surfrider_A_Westin_Resort_Spa-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

    ReplyDelete