Saturday, February 23, 2019

Updates on macOS Mojave App Store

I have a MacBook Pro and iMac, both running macOS Mojave 10.14.3. Several days ago my MacBook Pro told me that I had an update waiting to be installed.



I dutifully updated my NordVPN application, and because I have the same application running on my iMac, I turned on the iMac, launched the App Store, and planned to update the app there too. However, the NordVPN update was nowhere to be found.



I could not find an option to check for updates or to refresh the App Store, so I waited several minutes to no avail.  I tried quitting and re-launching the App Store, but still no success. It wasn't until the next day that the App Store on my iMac gave me the option to update my NordVPN application.

So this made me wonder if there is some sort of queueing protocol where not all users are given the option to update applications at the same time, perhaps to avoid server bandwidth issues? Anyone else see similar behavior on 2 separate Macs?

No comments:

Post a Comment