Monday, October 29, 2018

Force-Refresh Data on iOS Health App

I use the iOS Health app on my iPhone from time to time to review my walking + running distances. I've written in the past about distance tracking accuracy here and about a strange issue here. I also want to highlight that I find it inconvenient at times when I launch the Health app, only to find that it has yet to update walking + running distances from the past several hours. Example:

      

In the screenshot on the left, notice that the time is 5:27 PM and that no walking or running activity has been registered since 7:00 AM. At this time, the total distance is 0.59 miles. Tapping on "Show All Data" yields the screenshot in the middle, and it shows that the total distance for the day is actually 5 miles. Tapping on "Back" takes us back to the original Walking + Running Distance screen which now displays recorded distances from 8:00 AM to 5:27 PM, including the 5 total miles spread throughout the day.

This issue has occurred on my iPhone for the past several months, and only recently did I discover that navigating to the "Show All Data" screen forces a refresh. Maybe this is a bug that can be fixed in a future release.

No comments:

Post a Comment