Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sanlaki VR Table Tennis Adapter

In a recent post about Eleven Table Tennis Adapters, I mentioned that you can obtain 3D models of Quest table tennis adapters on Thingiverse. I recently printed a Quest 2 Sanlaki adapter and configured my Eleven Table Tennis game with the Sanlaki F3 adapter profile.

My first impression is that it is my favorite Quest 2 table tennis adapter so far. Unlike the AMVR and Solidslime adapters that have caused me to play worse, My immediate reaction to the Sanlaki adapter is that I feel like I can play about as well as I was able to play with the Quest 2 controller alone. So in other words, no negative impact on my game. The Sanlaki adapter does feel ever so slightly more top-heavy than the Solidslime adapter but not as top-heavy as the AMVR. Time will tell if my forearm will get fatigued after longer playing periods, but things look good so far.

Also, it is amazing to me that Sanlaki would upload the 3D model for their adapter for people to print their own copies when the adapter is also sold for $24.99 + shipping. Initially I wondered if a clever designer had illegitimately reverse-engineered the Sanlaki adapter and passed it off as if it was the real thing. The 3D model on Thingiverse was posted by Lerrick Salas, and as you can see on the About Us section of the Sanlaki website, the company is run by Lerrick Salas and his business partner Cristina Chrisel. So from what I can tell, everything appears to be legit, and you can see more of Lerrick’s designs here.

Big kudos to Sanlaki for making a great product and also for sharing many of its 3D models. If you are in the market for a Quest table tennis adapter and don’t have a 3D printer, consider buying the Sanlaki VR Table Tennis Paddle Adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment